1 Leaner protein
2/3 vegetable serving
• 19 ounces cooked chicken, shredded or cubed
• 1 1/3 cup salsa verde
• 2 cups part-skim mozzarella cheese, grated
• 2 cups low fat Mexican cheese blend
• 3/4 cup greek yogurt
• 1 (15 oz.) container 1% or 2% cottage cheese
• 1 (10 oz.) can fire roasted green chilies
• 1 teaspoon cumin
• 1 teaspoon chili powder
1 Preheat oven to 375º F.
2 Combine chicken, green chiles, 1 cup salsa verde and greek yogurt in a large bowl and season generously with salt and pepper, cumin and chili powder.
3 Spread 1/3 cup chicken mixture in the bottom of a large baking dish
4 Cover with cottage cheese, mozzarella and Mexican cheese.
5 Repeat with another layer of chicken, cottage cheese and cheese
6 Cover with remaining salsa verde and cottage cheese, then sprinkle remaining mozzarella evenly over the top.
Cover dish with aluminum foil and bake for 25 minutes. Uncover and bake for another 10-15, or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Remove from oven and serve hot.